- We work with some of the top affiliate networks in online marketing. When you click one of our links you may be redirected to a merchant within that platform and we may earn a commission from any purchases or bookings made. - Thank You
Belgium, a small European country wadding a big punch in terms of tourist attractions, sits at the crossroads of Western Europe. The country popularly known as Paradise for Food and Chocolate Lovers with just 11 million people boasts a rich architectural heritage, world-famous breweries, and pristine natural areas. For history lovers it captures the battle ground memories of World War I and World War II. Along with this do not forget to deep dive into Belgium’s less –explored countryside dense forests, rolling hills and lush valleys. Discovering Belgium is a bit like pealing back the layers of a coconut– each layer reveals a new and fascinating finding below. Because of this diversity, Belgium is a slow traveler’s dream. Best time to visit Belgium is spring and fall weather.
Here go the most sought after destinations in Belgium.
- Brussels wears three impressive hats, as the capital of Flanders, Belgium and Europe. The major picturesque attraction for tourists is Grand-Place which acclaimed a status of World Heritage Sites. With this we began the journey of Brussels and the next stop would be Gothic Hôtel de Ville which portrays city civic government. The cutest attraction to follow after this is Manneken-Pis. Not more than 60 cm in height this little chubby cheeks boy statue acclaimed quite fame among tourist as a perfect photography point. He is Brussels’ most photographed statue. Did you know that Belgium has more comic strip artists per square kilometer than any other country? If you love and appreciate cartoons then visit museum, Waucquez Warehouse, a masterpiece in itself.
- Bruges– Historical Paradise. A beautiful medieval town, surrounded by historic buildings and canals. The seemingly endless canals that flow through have led to Bruges earning the title of ‘Venice of the North’. The city can be explored on a bicycle, boating through canals. The major areas to cover are, Grote Market Square, Belfry Tower, and Gruuthuse Mansion
- Ardennes – let’s do some adventure. It’s a hilly destination and one of the most favorite places in Belgium, among adventure enthusiasts. Ideal for trekking, camping, and biking, Ardennes full of thick forests, cliffs, caves and is known for thrilling wildlife like lynx, deer and wild boar. Major destination points are, Castle of Bouillon, Han-sur-Lesse and Labyrinth of Barvaux
- Antwerp – Artistic Paradise, a true Belgian delight. Antwerps roots run deep in tradition and culture. It showcases vintage, trendy architectural wonders. In Belgium this city is the paradise for gastronomies with plenty of option in food, beer, chocolates. Antwerp can also be called as “ Women Love City”, as it is the business hub for world’s largest uncut diamond. Apart from these, the other major attractions are Plantin Moretus Museum, Rubenshius, Museum aan de Stroom and Antwerp Zoo.
Last but not the least reason to venture out and explore Belgium is to dig deep into Ghent earning the status as Vegetarian paradise. This small town is extremely vegetarian friendly and even has a “Veggie Thursday”, to encourage non-vegetarians to eat veggie for one day a week, every week!